What is XHTML and its advantages?
XHTML stands for Extensible Hypertext Markup Language. It is also known as XML (Extensible Markup Language). It is recommended by World Wide Consortium (W3C). It is a markup language. In XHTML, there are no predefined tags. The user defines the tags to be used. These tags are used to carry data. In short XHTML was designed to carry data not to display data.
The difference between HTML and XML is that:
- XML is basically designed to store information in structured format and transport it. It does not perform any function on information except storing it.
- HTML was designed to display any stored information, it focuses on the layout of information.
ADVANTAGES OF XHTML:
Following are some advantages of XHTML:
- XHTML is used as a compliment to HTML. With HTML, XHTML is used to transport data and display it efficiently.
- XHTML is easy to understand and use.
- XHTML allows user to define its own tags so that data can be stored according to user’s defined structure.
There is more information about XHTML coming up on this site very soon.