Tag Archives: PWS features
ASP can provide different features which are:
• You can edit, change or add any content dynamically to your website.
• It responses to different user data and queries submitted by HTML forms on web.
• It can also access databases and return the acquired data to you.
• Your web page can be made more customized which is usually useful for individual users.
• ASP has the advantage of speed and simplicity over CGI and PERL.
• ASP code is invisible (cannot viewed by the browser) and provides high security.
• ASP programming can reduce the network traffic.
• The HTML and ASP files are almost same.
• ASP file can contain all HTML, XML and different scripts in it.
• ASP scripts are only executed on the server.
• The extension of an ASP file is “.asp”.
Following are some features of IIS:
• IIS stands for Internet Information System.
• IIS is a set of Internet based services.
• IIS services are for servers and are created by Microsoft.
• IIS services are for use with Microsoft Windows.
• IIS is available with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Vista.
• IIS is also comes with Windows NT.
• IIS is the best option for developing and testing different web applications.
• IIS is extremely easy to install.
Following are some features of PWS:
• PWS stands for Personal Web Server.
• PWS is compatible with older versions of Windows 95, 98 and NT.
• PWS is also best for developing and testing web applications, but it is outdated.
• PWS is recommended only for training.
For more visit next posts in this category.To go back to Contents of this tutorial: ASP Active Server Side Scripting Contents